The fi-8170 provides a superior scanning experience with industry leading paper handling, image quality and reliability. Compact and sturdy, the scanner achieves duplex scan speeds of 70 ppm/140 ipm, loads up to 100 sheets at a time, with a capability of scanning up to as many as 10,000 sheets a day. The scanner includes software options, with automated features like blank page removal, image cleanup, autorotation, optical character recognition (OCR), and PDF creation.
- New Automatic Separation Control feature minimizes multi-feeds
- Clear Image Capture ensures color accuracy in documents
- Advanced feeding technology supports scanning thick documents without a carrier sheet, including passports and booklets
- PaperStream ClickScan allows for scanning in 3 simple steps
- Dual interface connections, supporting USB 3.2 and Ethernet wired network
- Color LCD Panel for easy operation from the front of the scanner
- PaperStream IP TWAIN and ISIS Driver cleans up images and reduces file size
- Included PaperStream Capture provides powerful document separation and batch control
- PaperStream Capture Pro available as an option, allows for meta data extraction, distributed scan stations, and database connectivity
Automatic Separation Control
Automatic Separation Control separates documents and helps eliminate multi-feeds efficiently scanning of large volumes of paper.
Scan thick documents
The newly engineered fi-8170 feed-path allows for the scanning of thick documents including ID cards, credit cards, folders, envelops, passports and booklets–all without a carrier sheet.
The scanner identifies the presence of thick documents, which eliminates false multi-feed errors. Users are able to scan without interruption.
Keep documents in order with the Stacker Supporter
The Stacker Supporter keeps documents in order, even when scanning mixed batches containing small pieces of paper that tend to fly out of the document tray. Scanned documents are easy to retrieve, reducing time spent on post-scan organization.
Clear Image Capture
Clear Image Capture (CIC) technology resets the benchmark for high quality image capture.
- With CIC, you get the reliability and flexibility of Contact Imaging Sensor (CIS) hardware
- Plus, hybrid technology, pairing industry leading image processing with the new, proprietary color matching processor
CIC technology delivers precise, crisp images, and industry-leading OCR accuracy rates while also removing unwanted watermarks and artifacts.
When combined with our propriety on unit processing chip and our Fujitsu PaperStream Image Processing driver, you get the superior image quality you can only expect from Fujitsu.